Residency Alumni Association
The Medical College of Wisconsin Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology dates back to the 1950s when three Milwaukee residencies in OB/GYN existed: Milwaukee County, St. Joseph’s and St. Mary’s. The three residencies integrated into a single program in 1991 and saw the first class of 6 graduates complete their training in 1995. There are 32 residents in the program, and 8 new positions are available each year.
Life After Residency
- Every resident who has successfully completed his/her postgraduate education at one of the three hospitals or in the integrated program has become board-certified or is board-eligible in obstetrics and gynecology.
- Over the past 20 years, approximately half of the residents who completed their education entered private practice in Wisconsin.
- Another 40% have entered private practice in one of about 30 states in the United States.
- The remaining 10% have chosen a career in academic medicine or have successfully completed fellowships in gynecologic oncology, maternal-fetal medicine, reproductive endocrinology, female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery, and pediatric gynecology.
- Several residents over the past five years have also become full-time faculty or clinical faculty members associated with OB/GYN residencies, both locally and nationally.
Annual Resident Research & Alumni Day
The Alumni Association members are invited to the annual Resident Research and Alumni Day and graduation dinner. The Association grows each year with new and exciting opportunities for involvement. Please visit our Resident Research and Alumni Day page for dates and times.
We’d like to hear from you. Please fill out our Ob/Gyn Resident Alumni Update form with any updates and news that you would like to share. Noteworthy news, whether professional or personal, may be published in the Annual Alumni Newsletter and distributed at the Ob/Gyn Residency Research and Graduation Day.
Need more info?
Please contact our Residency Program Coordinator, Cassidy Berns.
Resident Education Coordinator
(414) 805-6658 | Email