Residency Application Process
Selected applicants are invited to Milwaukee for a personal interview in the fall and winter of each year. The residency offers 8 first-year positions annually.
All applications must go through ERAS. Your final application must include:
- ERAS Application
- At least 3 letters of recommendation (but 4 will be accepted) from the faculty of your choice. (We recommend one letter from your OBGYN Department Chair and/or Program Director.)
- Your Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE)
- Personal statement
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores
Important Notes Regarding Application Requirements
We welcome all applications to our residency and do not set specific criteria for applications. We will review each file in total, using all the information available, to determine if an interview will be offered. We cannot evaluate any application information unless received in ERAS.
All applications for our program are accepted only through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) hosted by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). ERAS may be accessed via the dean’s office of your U.S. medical school. For international medical graduates (IMGs), you may access ERAS via the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
- There are currently eight (8) PGY1 positions for each July.
- The deadline for applications is the first Friday in November.
- All required exams must have a PASSING score, but no minimum score is required for application.
- We interview IMGs, and sponsor H-1 and J-1 visas. If you are on a visa, Step 3 results must be available by January 31. All fees related to visas are the responsibility of the applicant (including the anti-fraud fee).
- Prior US clinical experience is not essential.
- There is no requirement on the time from medial school graduation to application.
- Interviews are held November to January.
- Applications are accepted only through ERAS.
- Able to carry out the responsibilities of a resident in the MCW Residency Training Program including the functional requirements, cognitive requirements, interpersonal and communication requirements, and attendance requirements with or without reasonable accommodations.
- We do NOT offer observerships / externships. ERAS regulations do not permit pre-match.
- Second look visits are arranged only for applicants who have already been interviewed by the program.
- ECFMG certification must be approved by February 1.
- USMLE Steps 1 & 2 (step 3 if applicable) results must be available by January 31.
Information for International Applicants
No prior U.S. experience is required. H1B visas are the most accepted type by MCWAH. International medical graduates must follow all ECFMG guidelines and apply through ERAS, in addition to supplying all of the documents listed above.
Interview Dates for 2016-2017 Academic Year
All interviews are offered at the departmental offices. Interview days are on Wednesdays and Saturdays only. Interviews begin at 7:45 a.m. and generally conclude around 1:00 p.m.
- October – 22nd, 26th
- November – 2nd, 19th, 30th
- December – 10th, 14th
Interview Status Information
Prospective candidates will be notified via e-mail of any missing documentation and then e-mailed again once the applicant file is complete and has been approved for an interview by our faculty.
Hotel/Lodging Information for Interview Days
The Milwaukee Regional Medical Center has provided Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin with a Lodging Guide.
When making your reservations, be sure to mention that you are with the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Directions on and off campus:
Please visit the Froedtert Locations for directions on and off campus.