24 Dec Kruper, Abbey R., PsyD
Dr. Abbey Kruper joined the Medical College of Wisconsin in 2013. She completed her undergraduate degree at Marquette University and received her Doctorate of Psychology with a specialization in Health Psychology from the Illinois School of Professional Psychology. Dr. Kruper went on to complete her Internship at the Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center and her Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Behavioral Medicine at Loyola University Medical Center where she remained on faculty prior to joining MCW as Director of Transplant Mental Health Services. Dr. Kruper joined the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology in 2016.
Dr. Kruper’s clinical interests include assessment and psychotherapy with specialization in adjustment to health status and treating co-existing psychological disorders. She works with patients to promote well-being through health behavior change and more adaptive coping. In the department of OB/GYN, Dr. Kruper focuses specifically on perinatal mental health as well as psychological aspects of infertility and cancer.
Dr. Kruper is an active member of the Society of Behavioral Medicine as well as adjunct instructor at Marquette University.
She sees patients in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology clinic and in the Maternal-Fetal Care Center at Froedtert Hospital, located in the Specialty Clinics Building, in addition to the Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility Clinic at North Hills.
At a Glance
Areas of Expertise
- Adjustment Disorder
- Coping with Medical Illness
- Anxiety & Depression
- Perinatal Mood Disorders
- Psychological Assessment
- Clinical Psychology
- Health Psychology
Patient Ages Seen
- Adult (18 + )
- Senior (60 +)
Education / Training
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – Marquette University – Milwaukee, WI (2005)
- Masters of Arts in Clinical Psychology – Illinois School of Professional Psychology – Chicago (2007)
- Doctor of Psychology – Illinois School of Professional Psychology – Chicago (2010)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Health Psychology – Loyola University Medical Center – Maywood, IL (2010-2011)
MCW Start Date
|Principal Investigator||Title of Research Study
Awards / Publications / Presentations
|Kaljo, Kristina, PhD, Menon, Seema, MD, Kruper, Abbey, PhD,||Student-Centered Learning – Implementing a Sexual and Behavioral Health Curriculum with Adolescent Students
* Presented at MCW's Community Engagement Week Poster Session April 21, 2017
|Abbey Kruper, PsyD||Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy:
Improving Emotional Well-Being in the Perinatal Period
* Presented at WAPC's 48th Annual Statewide Perinatal Conference April 22-April 24, 2018
|Abbey Kruper, PsyD||"Development of an Integrated Perinatal Mental Health Clinic: Lessons Learned"
* Presented at WAPC's 47th Annual Statewide Perinatal Conference April 30-May 2, 2017
|Abbey Kruper, PsyD||"Screening of Mood Symptoms in New Patients Presenting to Reproductive Endocrinology Clinic: Time for Early Intervention?"
Completed October 2018
* Presented at SBM's 38th Annual Meeting March 29 - April 1, 2017
|Abbey Kruper, PsyD and Kaljo, Kristina, PhD||“Bridging the Gap: Identifying Needs to Integrate Behavioral Health & Ob/Gyn Medicine”|
In the News
To schedule an appointment or to obtain more information, please call us.
|General Obstetrics & Gynecology||Phone|
|New Patients||(414) 805-6644|
|Froedtert Specialty Clinics||(414) 805-4777|
|After Hours||(414) 805-4777|
|Reproductive Medicine Clinic (RMC)||(262) 253-9220|
|After Hours||(414) 805-6700|
Request an appointment online
Request an appointment through MyChart®