14 Sep Gunderson, Stephanie, MD
Dr. Stephanie Gunderson is an Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology in the division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She returned to the Midwest to join the faculty at MCW in September of 2020. Dr. Gunderson is board certified in Obstetrics and Gynecology by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Gunderson specializes in the treatment of reproductive disorders and is dedicated to providing an evidence based, individualized approach to care.
She earned her undergraduate degree in Biology from St. Norbert College in Green Bay. During this time, she was a member of both the St. Norbert College and Green Bay Packer cheerleading teams. Go pack go! She remained in Wisconsin to complete medical school, earning the Brenner Award for excellence as a student in obstetrics and gynecology, at the Medical College of Wisconsin. She continued her training in Wisconsin and specialized in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Medical College of Wisconsin, where she was awarded the Kleiger award for resident research.
Dr. Gunderson elected to continue her subspecialty training in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at Washington University in St. Louis. During her fellowship training her research has focused on better understanding the physiology of spermatozoa and applying novel technologies to the diagnosis and management of male factor infertility. She is the primary author on several peer reviewed publications. Dr. Gunderson is a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) and a fellow of the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). In addition, she serves as a reviewer for the Journal of Assisted Reproduction and Genetics.
Dr. Gunderson, her husband, and their daughter are excited to return to the Midwest to be closer to family and to once again be a part of the Milwaukee Community. She is also looking forward to helping couples achieve their own reproductive goals.
At a Glance
Areas of Expertise
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Premature Ovarian Insufficiency (POI)
- Diminished Ovarian Reserve (DOR)
- Female Infertility
- Male Infertility
- Uterine Anomalies
- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
- Infertility Evaluation
- Reproductive Health
- Fertility Preservation
- Assisted Reproduction
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
- Ovulation Induction
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Reproductive Endocrinology
Patient Ages Seen
- Adolescent (13-18 yrs)
- Adult (18 + )
- Senior (60 +)
Education / Training
- Doctor of Medicine – Medical College of Wisconsin – Milwaukee, WI, (2009-2013)
- Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency – Milwaukee, WI (2013-2017)
- Fellowship in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility – Washington University Saint Louis Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship – Saint Louis, MO (2017-2020)
MCW Start Date