08 May Cain, Amy, MSN, APNP
Amy Cain, MSN, APNP joined the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in April, 2018. Amy received her Bachelors degree in Nursing from Mount Mary College in 2010. She went on to complete her Masters degree in Nursing in 2015 from Concordia University of Wisconsin. She became AANP board certified in 2015 as a Family Nurse Practitioner and is licensed in the state of Wisconsin. Prior to joining the Medical College of Wisconsin she practiced at a private Family Practice clinic in Milwaukee for 2 years. Prior to receiving her Masters degree she was a Labor and Delivery nurse for 6 years at Columbia St. Mary’s Hospital.
Amy’s practice involves caring for women from adolescence onward. She provides comprehensive care to women including obstetric care seeing women throughout pregnancy and after delivery. She also provides routine well-woman gynecologic exams, contraceptive counseling, and a variety of other gynecologic concerns.
Amy sees patients in the OB/GYN Clinic at Froedtert Hospital, located in the Specialty Clinics Building.
Outside of work she enjoys spending time with her family and friends, especially her husband and daughter. She also loves running, boating, traveling, and the outdoors.
At a Glance
Areas of Expertise
- Comprehensive Obstetric Care Seeing Women Throughout Pregnancy and After Delivery
- Routine Well-Woman Gynecologic Exams
- Contraceptive Counseling
- Other Gynecologic Concerns.
- AANP – Family Nurse Practitioner
Patient Ages Seen
- Adolescent (13-18 yrs)
- Adult (18-59 yrs)
- Seniors (60 + yrs)
Education / Training
- Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner – Concordia University of Wisconsin (2015)
- Master of Science in Nursing – Concordia University of Wisconsin, (2015)
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing – Mount Mary College: Columbia College of Nursing (2010)
MCW Start Date