01 Jun 2011 – 2012 Awards for Residents & Faculty
Dr. John J. and Joan M. Brennan Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Elizabeth Hopp, MD (’16) was presented the Dr. John J. and Joan M. Brennan Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the May 17, 2012 Medical Student graduation dinner in recognition of her Outstanding Medical School Achievement.
Dr. and Mrs. Jack A. Klieger Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Jeff Nance, MD was presented the Dr. and Mrs. Jack A. Klieger Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the May 17, 2012 Medical Student graduation dinner in recognition of their Outstanding Medical School Achievement.
Outstanding Medical School Teachers
In 2008, the College’s Curriculum and Evaluation Committee (CEC) initiated an annual Medical Student Teacher award to honor MCW’s Outstanding Medical School Teachers. This year, approximately 234 faculty members received a recognition pin and letter of commendation for their excellence in teaching in required M1, M2 and/or M3 courses, clerkships, sub Is (sub-internships), modules, LEAPs (Longitudinal Experience Advancing Patient care) and pathways during the 2010-2011 academic year.
- Urban and Community Health: Suzanne Walczak, MD;
- Human Development: Paul Robb, MD;
- Reproductive Medicine: Seema Menon, MD;
- Obstetrics & Gynecology: Jonathan Berkoff, MD, Elizabeth Hill-Karbowski, CNM, David Hoogerland, MD, Matthew Lee, MD, Seema Menon, MD, Anna Palatnik, MD (’13), Elizabeth Thompson, MD (’14), Suzanne Walczak, MD, and Nichole Wiepert, MD (’13)
2011 Graduation Dinner Awards
The following Awards were presented at the 2011 Graduation Dinner, held on June 25, 2011.
- Kathy King, MD – (Froedtert) APGO Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching for outstanding contributions to undergraduate medical education
- Paul Lemen, MD – (Froedtert) CREOG National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education
- Matthew Loichinger, DO
Best Resident Teacher — as selected by the Junior Medical Students in 2010– 2011 rotation in the Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Kelly Hodges, MD & Anna Palatnik, MD
The Jack A. Klieger Award for Best Research Paper
- Jessica Crawford, MD
AAGL special excellence in endoscopic procedures award for a senior resident
- Jessica Crawford, MD
Administrative Chief in appreciation for their extra time & expertise in providing guidance & support of the residency program
- Anna Palatnik, MD
MCWAH Research Award