16 Jun Teacher Recognition Pins honor 2018-2019 Outstanding Medical School Teachers
During the 2018-2019 academic year, the Medical College’s Curriculum and Evaluation Committee (CEC) awarded Outstanding Medical School Teacher pins to 315 educators. Recipients also received a letter of commendation recognizing their excellence in teaching. Recipients were recommended to the CEC by the M1, M2, M3, M4, Pathway, Acting Internship and selected Elective directors to the CEC in recognition of their contribution to the advancement of medical student learning and the value they added to the Course, Clerkship, Acting Internship, Pathway, or Elective. Awards were distributed to recipients by the nominating director of the course.
- MCW or volunteer faculty (e.g., community preceptors, bioethics/palliative medicine small group facilitators)
- Residents, Fellows and Graduate Students
- Active teachers in a required M1-4 course, clerkship, pathway, sub-internship/acting internship and integrated selectives/electives with higher enrollments
- Top teachers cited in the post graduate survey
- Note: Course coordinators or other individuals that may contribute to the administration of the course are not eligible for nomination.