28 Jun 2017-2018 Awards for Residents & Faculty
Dr. John J. and Joan M. Brennan Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Morgan Briggs was presented the Dr. John J. and Joan M. Brennan Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the May 18, 2018 Medical Student graduation dinner in recognition of their Outstanding Medical School Achievement.
Dr. and Mrs. Jack A. Klieger Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Brittany Klooster was presented the Dr. and Mrs. Jack A. Klieger Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the May 18, 2018 Medical Student graduation dinner in recognition of their Outstanding Medical School Achievement.
Outstanding Medical School Teachers
During the 2016-2017 academic year, the Medical College’s Curriculum and Evaluation Committee (CEC) awarded Outstanding Medical School Teacher pins to 246 educators. Recipients also received a letter of commendation recognizing their excellence in teaching. Recipients were recommended to the CEC by the M1, M2, M3, M4, Pathway, Acting Internship and selected Elective directors to the CEC in recognition of their contribution to the advancement of medical student learning and the value they added to the Course, Clerkship, Acting Internship, Pathway, or Elective. Awards were distributed to recipients by the nominating director of the course.
- Endocrine-Reproduction Unit: Katherine Schoyer, MD
- Obstetrics & Gynecology: Kathryn Dielentheis, MD, Rahmouna Farez, MD, Justin Harold, MD (’20), James Linn, MD (Columbia St. Mary’s), Michael Lund, MD, Miriam Murray, MD (’19), Isabell Nellen, DO (’20), A. David Penney, MD
- Psychiatry: Christina Wichman, DO
- Allison Linton, MD – APGO Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching for outstanding contributions to undergraduate medical education
- Matt Lee, MD – CREOG National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education
- Kristine Sullivan, MD (’18) and Spencer Gantz, MD (’21)
Best Resident Teacher — as selected by the Junior Medical Students in 2017– 2018 rotation in the Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- 1st place Sarah De Cicco (’19), 2nd place Grace Miller (’19), 3rd Place tie, Miriam Murray (’19) and Rachael Persons (’19)
The Jack A. Klieger Award – for best resident research paper.
- Kristine Sullivan, MD (’18)
AAGL Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures Award for a senior resident
- Izzy Nellen, MD (’20)
AOA – elected to AOA MCW-Beta Chapter – in recognition of interest in the education of medical students
- Kourtney Dropps, MD (’18)
Administrative Chief – in appreciation for their extra time & expertise in providing guidance & support of the residency program.
- Justin Harold, MD (’20)
MCWAH Housestaff Award – for Excellence in Teaching, recognized by the senior class & program directors for outstanding contributions to medical student education.
- Paige Persch, MD (’18)
Ryan Program Resident Award – for resident who best exemplifies the dedication to education, training, and service in Family Planning that characterize the Ryan Program
- Grace Miller, MD (’19)
Kathryn Sarnoski Travel Award – to promote awareness of global health issues, support international medical and surgical experiential learning and foster healthcare collaboration for a chosen resident.
- Katherine Miller, MD (’19)
SMFM Award – the Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine (SMFM) has awarded Ob-Gyn residents who best exemplify the qualities of the vision of our Society to improve pregnancy and perinatal outcomes with the SMFM Resident Award for Excellence in Obstetrics.
- Kate Carnahan, MD (’20)
Broekhuizen award for Academic Excellence in MFM
- Paige Persch, MD (’18)