20 Jul 2014-2015 Awards for Residents & Faculty
Dr. John J. and Joan M. Brennan Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Rachael Persons was presented the Dr. John J. and Joan M. Brennan Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the May 15, 2015 Medical Student graduation dinner in recognition of their Outstanding Medical School Achievement.
Dr. and Mrs. Jack A. Klieger Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Rachel Gentile was presented the Dr. and Mrs. Jack A. Klieger Endowed Award in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the May 15, 2015 Medical Student graduation dinner in recognition of their Outstanding Medical School Achievement.
Outstanding Medical School Teachers
In 2008, the College’s Curriculum and Evaluation Committee (CEC) initiated an annual Medical Student Teacher award to honor MCW’s Outstanding Medical School Teachers. This year, approximately 228 educators received a recognition pin and letter of commendation for their excellence in teaching in required M1, M2 and/or M3 courses, clerkships, sub Is (sub-internships), modules, LEAPs (Longitudinal Experience Advancing Patient care) and pathways during the 2013-2014 academic year.
- Foundational Capstone: Michael Lund, MD
- Obstetrics & Gynecology: Meredith Cruz, MD, Megan Foeller, MD (’16), Jacinda Hunter, MD (’15), Matthew Lee, MD, Jessika Ralph (’17), MD, Estil Strawn, Jr., MD, Julie Webb, MD
- Reproductive Endocrinology: Joseph Davis, DO, Katherine Schoyer, MD
- Global Health: Sumana Koduri, MD
- Master Clinician: Estil Strawn, Jr., MD
- Urban and Community: Suzanne Walczak, MD
- Loryjean Kostich, CNM – APGO Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching for outstanding contributions to undergraduate medical education
- Allan Babbitz, MD – CREOG National Faculty Award for Excellence in Resident Education
- Sarah Borders, MD
Best Resident Teacher — as selected by the Junior Medical Students in 2014– 2015 rotation in the Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Jessica Zigman, MD (’15)
The Jack A. Klieger Award – for best resident research paper.
- Ben Beran, MD (’15)
AAGL Special Excellence in Endoscopic Procedures Award for a senior resident
- Sarah Borders, MD (’16)
Elected to AOA MCW-Beta Chapter in recognition of interest in the education of medical students.
- Ben Beran, MD (’15)
Administrative Chief – in appreciation for their extra time & expertise in providing guidance & support of the residency program.
- Megan Foeller, MD (’16), Ben Beran, MD (’15)
MCWAH Research Award – for her excellent resident research project.